January 13, 2023
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Location: Westhill, Aberdeenshire
Hours per week:
Donaldson Timber Systems is part of the James Donaldson Group, established in 1860 is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. The winning formula to date has been based on our commitment to a highly responsive customer service, embracing the latest industry technology and above all developing the capabilities and skills of our people.
Our Timber Systems division is the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of timber frame building solutions, specialising in off-site construction. We work on over 350 live projects per year, supporting customers on-site and building timber kits across our two bespoke factories in Westhill – Aberdeenshire, Witney – Oxfordshire and in an additional hub space in Falkirk. We have regional offices in Aberdeenshire, Glasgow and Witney and the team operate across several sectors including, private housing, affordable housing, student accommodation, medical facilities, hotels, and education. Working with market-leading precision-engineered build systems, architects, surveyors and design teams, the division delivers noticeable benefits for our clients.
Reporting to the Materials Coordinator, you will be a key member of the Manufacturing Team, responsible for material and product movement within the factory and yard, as well as loading and despatching of finished goods. You will have the opportunity to use your skills and knowledge within the role with a clear emphasis on safety; quality; and productivity.
In keeping with the specific importance given to Health & Safety and the Environment by Donaldson Timber Systems, you will also have specific accountabilities as set out in our Corporate Responsibility for Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
We will offer you the chance to develop your skills further through in-house training.
- To organise and carry out material movements within the factory and yard as trained to meet pre-agreed standards in safety; quality and productivity.
- Clear and accurate checking and recording of despatch information required to maintain the RAW, WIP and Finished Goods stock systems.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues within the logistics team, the factory shop floor, haulage drivers and Factory Management.
- Report issues of a health & safety nature, problems with equipment or materials, etc.
- Support process improvements within the yard and logistics area.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Hold a current Forklift Truck Licence – ideally with Combi-lift conversion but this is not essential as training can be provided.
- Demonstrate ability to take loading information and organise materials.
- Computer literate, ideally with an appreciation of stock control systems
Salary and Benefits
We are proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits Package, including – Cycle to Work