Function: Joiner/Joiner’s Mate
Vacancy Type: full time
Location: Falkirk, Scotland
Hours per week: 37.5
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will be an important member of the manufacturing team, responsible for ensuring high standards in housekeeping, safety & quality are maintained.
In keeping with the specific importance given to Health & Safety and the Environment, you have specific accountabilities as set out in our Corporate Responsibility for Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
We will offer you the chance to develop your skills further through in-house training.
- Work as part of a team to produce to a target rate.
- To ensure housekeeping standards are maintainted to a high standard in all areas of the yard and factory.
- Conduct daily & weekly checks within our Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental programmes.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues on the shop floor, within the logistics team and material control team and assisting them where appropriate.
- Report issues of a health & safety nature, problems with equipment or yard fabric.
- Support production and yard activities within the factory wherever possible when required.
Essential Technical Expertise
Experience of working on own initiative.
- High standards of workplace organisation and quality of work
- Understanding and awareness of health & safety.
- Role will be of a physical nature.
- Nail gun experience would be of benefit.
- Experience of timber frame manufacture would be of benefit.
Salary and Benefits
We are proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits Package, including – Cycle to Work, Gym membership
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply to DTScareers@donaldsontimbersystems.com
Closing date – 31st May 2022