January 18, 2024
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Donaldson Timber Systems is part of the Donaldson Group. Established in 1860, Donaldson Group is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 10 businesses, ranging from B2B, retail, ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision, driven by the desire to always do good. We are focused on always providing a number one customer experience, embracing innovation, and doing things in a sustainable way, not just for our business but also for the communities we operate in. But most of all, our People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,500+ colleagues across the UK.
We are ambitious about diversity and inclusion. If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We specifically encourage female candidates and those from minoritised ethnic groups to apply for this post as they are currently underrepresented in the manufacturing and construction sectors of our organisation.
Our Timber Systems division is the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of timber frame building solutions, specialising in off-site construction. We work on over 350 live projects per year, supporting customers on-site and building timber kits across our two bespoke factories in Westhill – Aberdeenshire and in Witney – Oxfordshire. We have regional offices in Aberdeenshire, Glasgow and Witney and the team operate across several sectors including, private housing, affordable housing, student accommodation, medical facilities, hotels, and education. Working with market-leading precision-engineered build systems, architects, surveyors and design teams, the division delivers noticeable benefits for our clients.
Our success has been built from our ability to build long-term relationships with clients, becoming an integral part of their business process with our complete service solution. Our services cover concept design information and technical guidance, full design service, manufacture, delivery and construction on site.
The Production department within Donaldson Timber Systems provides timber frame components for a number of external customers. We have a reputation for high quality and on time deliveries to site.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be a key member of the Maintenance team that is responsible for maintaining both production and facilities equipment. Ensuring optimum output from the plant and facilities by managing and implementing the planned preventative maintenance programme as well as ensuring all machinery & equipment meets or exceeds health & safety requirements and relevant legislation.
- To ensure all plant and buildings within factory are maintained through a PPM programme to ensure they meet all Health & Safety Legislation requirements such as LOLER, PUWER and the HASAWA as well as meet standards set within the Business Management System.
- Manage/Supervise the use of contractors for maintenance purposes ensuring they are approved, suitable for the work they are undertaking and controlled whilst on site.
- Effectively deal with and resolve breakdowns/reactive maintenance issues and ensure this results in minimum impact to production and other factory operations. Implement and maintain the PPM for the Factory using our CMMS system (FIIX).
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in setting maintenance budgets (plant and buildings/facilities) and control spend in line with these budgets.
- Assist in building Capex justifications for new plant and equipment and the modification/repair of existing plant and building fabric.
- Assist in the introduction of new products and manufacturing techniques (CIP/5S) with the introduction of new process equipment and modification of existing and plant/equipment.
Ideal Technical Expertise
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Electrician or Maintenance Fitter in a Production related maintenance role with some exposure to PLC fault diagnosis.
- Recognised qualifications in a relevant core trade with multiskilled experience.
- Experience and ability to maintain and repair both simple and complex machinery, ideally within an automated process manufacturing environment.
- Experience in supporting software & process changes to automated equipment with OEM assistance.
- Experience in use of Robotics/Cobotics within a manufacturing environment.
- An understanding of data communications in a machine environment/fieldbuses/IP addressing and common communication protocols, along with an understanding of I.T. networks. (Ethercat/Ethernet/Profibus/Profinet/Modbus/TCPIP/UDP)
- Good working knowledge of PUWER/LOLER/COSHH and other relevant Health & Safety regulations.
- IPAF MEWP Licence (Type 3A & 3B).
Salary and Benefits
Donaldson Timber Systems is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits Package, including – Cycle to Work, Gym membership.
- Employee Assistance Programme
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply to DTScareers@donaldsontimbersystems.com