January 11, 2023
Vacancy Type: Full Time, 24 month fixed contract
Location: Hemel Hempstead, South West England
Hours per week:
Donaldson Timber Systems is part of the James Donaldson Group, established in 1860 is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. The winning formula to date has been based on our commitment to a highly responsive customer service, embracing the latest industry technology and above all developing the capabilities and skills of our people.
Our Timber Systems division is the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of timber frame building solutions, specialising in off-site construction. We work on over 350 live projects per year, supporting customers on-site and building timber kits across our two bespoke factories in Westhill – Aberdeenshire, Witney – Oxfordshire and in an additional hub space in Falkirk. We have regional offices in Aberdeenshire, Glasgow and Witney and the team operate across several sectors including, private housing, affordable housing, student accommodation, medical facilities, hotels, and education. Working with market-leading precision-engineered build systems, architects, surveyors and design teams, the division delivers noticeable benefits for our clients.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will have responsibility to ensure our sites meet pre-agreed standards of health & safety; customer service and construction together with delivering the build programme meeting budget and quality standards.
In keeping with the specific importance given to Health & Safety and the Environment by the Donaldson Group you have specific accountabilities as set out in our Corporate Responsibility for Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
We will offer you the chance to develop your skills and experience further through our performance management process giving you the opportunity to progress your career within the Donaldson Group.
This role is to cover Countryside Partnerships at Hemel Hempstead.
- Achieve onsite visits to ensure:
- All operatives have been inducted.
- Sub-contractors are being managed and have clear direction.
- Attendance at site meetings ensuring progress/variances are put in writing and copied to all relevant parties.
- Ensure work on site is delivered to agreed HSE standards including, but not limited to, the undernoted:
- Crane lift plans
- Maintain quality standards to ensure site client handover meets pre agreed contract specification and all snagging elements have been documented and addressed prior to handover.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Hold valid CSCS card.
- Joinery background with extensive Timber Frame erect experience.
- Demonstrate ability to manage and motivate operatives in site environment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with operatives; clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate ability to write clear and concise reports, identifying requirements for labour, deliveries and plant and any variance in the programme.
- Demonstrate ability to read working drawings.
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a high pressure environment within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Hold valid driving licence (preferably with a clean licence).
Salary and Benefits
Donaldson Timber Systems is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Fuel expenses covered for business miles