August 4, 2020
Taylor Wimpey were looking for an affordable offsite solution to provide the required number of units within budget and programme utilising as much offsite production as possible.
• The decision was taken to use a pre-insulated timber frame external wall system using 100mm PIR insulation.
• The wall system was fitted in a controlled factory environment enabling a high level of quality and for the units to be insulated before the houses were watertight, speeding up 1st and 2nd fix on site and resulting in the houses being completed more quickly.
• One result of the speed of build was a realisation of capital at an earlier stage of the build than previously anticipated.
• Pre-fabricated floor cassettes were delivered from the factory and craned into position providing a higher degree of quality and a safer method of working.
• The fascia and soffits were also fitted by the erect team to enable the roofer to have the houses and apartments watertight immediately.
Latitude is a delightful collection of new 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes at the heart of the regeneration of Barry Dockland, a vibrant new community close to the seaside, the countryside and excellent transport links by road, rail and air. The Quays will include a host of new local amenities for the area, including waterfront cafés and restaurants, shops including two large supermarkets, a purpose built community facility, a hotel, a brand new primary school, plus new parks and green, open spaces. There’s a 2 year Taylor Wimpey guarantee plus a 10 year NHBC guarantee with every new home.