Birds Marsh View, Chippenham
A site with 4 phases of Timber Frame built out over 4 years for Barratt Homes Bristol
Birds Marsh View is an exciting new community in a much-sought after area of North Chippenham, comprising a selection of 2,3 & 4 bedroom homes and 1 &2 bedroom apartments surrounded by 11 acres of open space.
Close by is Birds Marsh Woods nature trails, with 6.5km of footpaths and cycleways to explore. There are also plans to plant more than 300 news trees in the area.
Stewart Milne Timber Systems is on the third phase of the project, with one more phase to be done before final completion. In the first phase which began in May 2018, SMTS built 60 timber frame homes in the new development. Phase 2, which began in February 2020, saw the construction of 11 homes and three apartment blocks with a total of 40 apartments. Phase 3, beginning August 2021, will see the construction of another 51 timber-frame homes. The fourth phase of the project will be completed next year.
- This was one of our early projects for Barratt Homes Bristol and each phase has been completed on schedule.
- PVCu fascia and soffits were fitted by our erect team for a smooth transition between erect and the roofer. This helped to get the houses and apartments watertight immediately.
- Factory-fabricated floor cassettes were delivered with the frames and craned into position providing a higher degree of quality and a safer method of working.
- The roofs were fabricated on the ground and craned up into position as the safest method of working, minimising working from height in most cases.
- All four phases were secured within budgets and timeframes.
- The wall types are our open panel Alpha system with a U-value of 0.24.
Stewart Milne Timber Systems is now engaged on seven live schemes in this region with Barratt Homes.