Vacancy Type: full time
Location: Central Scotland
Hours per week:
Donaldson Timber Systems is part of the Donaldson Group. Established in 1860, Donaldson Group is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 11 businesses, ranging from B2B, retail, ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision, driven by the desire to always do good. We are focused on always providing a number one customer experience, embracing innovation, and doing things in a sustainable way, not just for our business but also for the communities we operate in. But most of all, our People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,500+ colleagues across the UK.
We are ambitious about diversity and inclusion. If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We specifically encourage female candidates and those from minoritised ethnic groups to apply for this post as they are currently underrepresented in the manufacturing and construction sectors of our organisation.
Our Timber Systems division is the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of timber frame building solutions, specialising in off-site construction. We work on over 350 live projects per year, supporting customers on-site and building timber kits across our two bespoke factories in Westhill – Aberdeenshire, Witney – Oxfordshire and in an additional hub space in Falkirk. We have regional offices in Aberdeenshire, Glasgow and Witney and the team operate across several sectors including, private housing, affordable housing, student accommodation, medical facilities, hotels, and education. Working with market-leading precision-engineered build systems, architects, surveyors and design teams, the division delivers noticeable benefits for our clients.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, through the development and strong leadership of your team of Contract Supervisors, you will have responsibility to develop and deliver build programme with emphasis on pre agreed standards of health & safety; quality; customer satisfaction; bringing in each site within agreed delivery and budget targets. This role requires regular attendance on site and home office working with occasional attendance at head office.
This role is to assist and cover sites across central Scotland.
- Working closely with Design and Technical departments, develop build programme, taking full account of current and future pipeline, for each site within your arear of responsilbility to ensure successful delivery to the customer within pre-agreed time and budget standards, including but not limited to:
- Resource plan
- Requisition of plant
- Ensure all paperwork during the build programme is passed within agreed timelines to relelvant internal departments, particularly approval of invoices and dayworks.
- Report progress against plan, pre and post-handover, variance and mitigation of risk of all sections within your area of responsibility to Construction Manager.
- Attend internal project meetings and work closely with relevant internal teams to address and close out any issues.
- Ensure, through stong leadership skills, that your team have full knowledge of the build programme deadlines and have the competence to ensure successful delivery.
- Sustain a strong culture within your team and sub-contractors in relation to our standards of health & safety; quality; customer centricity; programme delivery within budget and on time.
- Ensure Construction Manager and your team are aware of outcome(s) from attendance at customer meetings both pre-start and during build programme.
- Build close relationships with internal and external project teams across the Division and wider Group to ensure successful delivery of all projects within your arear of responsibility.
- Maintain strong and positive lines of communication with Customer(s) to ensure we are aware of and deal with any potential issue and are managing Customer expectations, thus maximising the potential of future business generation.
Essential Technical Expertise
- CSCS accreditation
- Previous experience as Site Manager housebuilding/main contractor
- Demonstrate ability to assess scaffolding design and build to current legislative standards
- Demonstrate ability to prepare and present good quality management information using Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate ability to design build programmes using Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate ability to recruit, lead and develop a team.
Salary and Benefits
Donaldson Timber Systems is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car / Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Package, including – Cycle to Work, Gym membership